An edit is an edit, right? Hmmm…no. There are actually four levels of editing that apply to every writing project, each with a specific purpose.
Whether you're looking for help to organize your ideas in an initial draft or just a final proofread to snuff out those small, hard-to-catch errors, I can help get your work ship-shape and audience-ready!
- Assess content for its intended audience, medium, market, and purpose
- Reorganize material for coherent structure and logical progression of ideas
- Suggest changes to enhance content (e.g., delete repetitive or superfluous content, add content to fill gaps or strengthen transition between ideas, etc.)
- Recommend appropriate elements to enhance material (e.g., tables, figures, images, etc.)
- Improve clarity and flow
- Apply consistent voice or tone
- Smooth out language for easy readability
- Edit and correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Apply consistent style (e.g., house style, APA, Chicago, etc.)
- Check facts and flag issues
- Review reference and citations
- Final post-edit review for clean, error-free content